Monday, November 12, 2012

Birthday Surprise for Relief Worker Ryan!

You are looking at the outcome of a very calculated and suspenseful delivery to date! Through six degrees (really three) of separation, I was contacted by Tracy, a loving and determined sister, who really wanted to find a way to make her brother Ryan's birthday special. Ryan lives in Maine but has been in New York, far from his home and family, to aid in the relief post Hurricane Sandy. Ryan and his fellow crew have been sleeping in their trucks and working long days to cut trees and remove limbs that have fallen due to the relentless storm. Tracy lives in Florida but that didn't hinder her determination in finding a way to get her brother to feel the love on his day! I was able to bake three dozen vanilla and chocolate cupcakes as she worked on the details of how and when I can get them to him as his location changes constantly. I've been housing my family from Long Beach which is just the natural thing to do and together we are making the best of this situation but I had a deep yearning to reach out to someone I don't know personally, who is in need. This opportunity landed on my lap and I was so excited that we could pull it off! Ryan's supervisor was in on the surprise and helped navigate the delivery and the surprise. It was great to see all the crew come together and sense the comradeship among them. After giving Ryan his cupcakes, his stunned look and smile made it all worthwhile! He was in awe that his sister was able to pull this off! Here are the pictures of the delivery and the group shots. New York thanks you all to Lucas Tree Trimming for all your time, hard work, and dedication! THANK YOU and HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYAN! Tracy & I both agree this will be a memorable one for you and a friendship gained across the miles!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so so so much for doing this for Ryan!! The kids and I could not thank you enough as we were bummed we could not spend his birthday with him! You truly made his day special! I can not thank you enough for your generosity and kindess! Your cupcakes were awesome and delicious I was told! You certainly did not have to do what you did and Ryan cant say enough about how kind and nice you were to him and neither can we! Thanks for a great day!
    Many thanks, Jenn

    ReplyDelete

It's always nice to hear what you have to say!