Sunday, October 19, 2014

Gavin's Wrestling Ring Cupcake cake!

My friend Colleen has her hands full in October with her kids' birthdays being back to back. Gavin wanted a cupcake cake for his 8th Birthday Party with his friends. Colleen emailed me a couple of pictures of the wrestling ring Gavin wanted. I was so excited as this is a first time for a wrestling theme in my experience! The logo is made of fondant and white chocolate. The chocolate cupcakes were baked so perfectly consistent in size, I was actually in awe of how pretty they looked absolutely plain and then I had to coat them with lots of icing. I baked four too many for this ring so I made sure to swirl red icing on those and give to Colleen separately. The poles were an issue since the fondant was not cooperative staying upright and the string I used as "rope" would sink into them. I asked Colleen is would be all right to dip pretzel rods into dark chocolate and she was so excited. Not only were the "poles" now upright but consistent in size and oh so yummy to indulge as I had made plenty of them in the process. The string was the only challenge as it was not easy to keep it all snug. In the end, I love the outcome and so did Gavin. Another successful cupcake event with Colleen. Thank you for being so loyal and excited with me!! Happy 8th Birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always nice to hear what you have to say!