Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Sundae for Anyday!

My grandmother loves ice cream, has it almost every single night and wanted to give the staff at the nursing home a treat for always looking out for her.  These are vanilla cake and I made the ice cream and fudge and cherries from homemade fondant.  The stem is green floral wire and obviously non-edible.  I always pride myself in creating cupcakes that are completely edible.  No one wants to bite into a toothpick or some supportive piece of cardboard but I just couldn't think of another option.  Not really very happy with the look of the fondant, there's no shine or texture (maybe add colorful jimmies next time) that could perhaps make these appealing.  I post everything I bake so here you go....this is a work in progress and will give it another go with royal icing next time.  Till then, I think the staff will feel young at heart, the way you do when you have a sundae on an ordinary day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always nice to hear what you have to say!