Saturday, March 13, 2010

Mrs. F knits and knits

Mrs. Ferguson is my bestest friend's Mother and lives in Georgia.  Over the years, she has knitted blankets and booties and whole outfits for my children and these items have all been precious to me.  The blankets she's knitted has been used for both my kids' baptisms.  She recently shipped a huge box of knitted hats, mittens and scarves for my kids, a plush afghan for my husband and I.  This shipment particularly blew me away because it came during a difficult time for her.  I was moved to tears and have kept the hand written note she wrote to me under my keyboard ever since.   She is a special woman and because she happens to be visiting, I thought I'd return the gesture.  It feels so good to make something with someone in mind, put alot of love into it and feel happy to let my thanks be an action, not just words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always nice to hear what you have to say!