Sunday, August 15, 2010

Center of attention!


My first cupcake centerpiece and at one of the most lovely venues too! A friend of a friend contacted me and wanted tiffany blue cupcakes, possibly made with fondant butterflies on each, for a jack n' jill style bridal shower. We met and brainstormed. To keep things simple and less costly, we decided no fondant, but notice the fluttering butterfly at the top of the stand? A simple fabric butterfly attached with a wire gave the touch that the bride to be loves so much. Rosettes with a touch of clear sugars and a variety of the basic flavors. Stands were provided by the customer and the tea lites were also part of the brainstorm to keep cost down, elegance up. Eighty cupcakes later, I am feeling tired but super happy.
This week was time consuming for Babycakes but I'm pretty proud to have been able to please the customers and let my Babycakes get noticed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always nice to hear what you have to say!