Sunday, August 29, 2010

Feliz Cumpleanos Abuela!



Small celebration for a big event....my Mom's 75th Birthday! My Mom requested simple. She wanted blue and pink flowers and simple. There are only 6 (including my kids) of us to eat these up so I tried to keep the quantity down but have no doubt these will all be consumed and enjoyed by all. The extras will make their way back to my grandmother's nursing home. There is so much I can say about my Mom. She is the first person I speak to daily (besides my kids) and the only person in the entire world I can honestly say, I have never seen bitter or mad at anyone. She leads by example and has an open heart. Having her be the center of attention and praise is so easy to do--we already celebrated on her actual birthday but without Mima (my grandmother). My brother and I hit the jackpot with Moms and the rest of the world has been blessed to have her as a daughter, sister, wife, abuela, neighbor, and friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always nice to hear what you have to say!