Thursday, September 22, 2011

Favorite Hello, Hardest Goodbye





These cupcakes were made to honor a girl named Brittany. She passed away a year ago today and her family hosted a memorial for her family and friends. Brittany was only 14 years old but she made a huge impact on the lives of those around her. Her Mom requested that I create cupcakes that represented her favorite things. They told a story of how she loved Phantom of the Opera, playing acoustic guitar and electric guitar, and her love of sunrises and sunsets. I thought about her and her Mom the whole week as I prepared the fondant toppers, thinking about my neice who has the same interests. Her Mom was very detailed when describing Brittany's interests to me. This was hands down the most rewarding order I ever had. I was at the memorial briefly and I watched quietly as Brittany's friends carefully selected their cupcakes. Some opted for a guitar and some sighed when they noticed the sun.
One of Brittany's favorite quotes was "I want to be your favorite Hello and your hardest Goodbye." I'm certain this is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always nice to hear what you have to say!