Sunday, May 16, 2010

Untamed Cupcakes


These have already been called "crazy" on my Facebook page from someone who doesn't know the story behind them or that I have also nicknamed them CRAZY. 
I was asked to make zebra print handbag cupcakes for a good friend who would be bringing them along to a graduation party.  It was my first attempt at freehand animal print and very first attempt at a mini handbag which you can find all over the web.  I felt confident and took on the challenge.  The animal print cake tattoos (by Ace of Cakes' Duff) was a brand new product line featured in a baking supply store I was at so I snatched them up thinking it would be the perfect companion to the homemade zebra print hangbag on the cupcake in zebra cupcake liners (not visible in this photo) forgetting completely to Keep it Simple or that Less is More.  Well, it was almost midnight before I assembled all elements together and all I kept thinking was these are CRAZY and overkill.
I started to panic and tried to reassure myself that it was late, I was tired and perhaps looking and staring at something for so long was just making me over react.  Keep on reading to see what I did next! (Scroll below to Older Post and click on it).

1 comment:

  1. Turns out they were a big hit with the customer and the party goers!! Can you say RELIEF??

    ReplyDelete

It's always nice to hear what you have to say!