Saturday, January 12, 2013

Shhhh! It's a surprise!

Here it is! An actual cake and those who know me, know that I don't do cakes. I am so intimidated. I stress so much because I am so used to working with a 3 inch "canvas" and sometimes that's a challenge too! Fran called me and emailed me. She is the master surprise party planner! Her boyfriend is turning 40 and she asked that I make cupcakes and a cake for the party. She told me they love to go to Friendly's and order a Jim Dandy to go. I had no idea what this was so she actually went and emailed me a picture of it! She told me what was on it and we agreed to make it lay flat on the cake rather than stand it up. I was a little stressed about the logo but made it edible on wafer paper! I really like the way the whole order turned out. The dozens of cupcakes are all adorned with colored sprinkles and a fondant cherry and pair well with the 9 inch cake. Both are vanilla cake, vanilla frosting and homemade marshmallow fondant. I really would love to learn how to go bigger and possibly offer cakes as well as cupcakes but still not my comfort zone. Time will tell. I hope Fran loves all the details of her boyfriend's party and I'm sure he will love the love in all her planning and pulling off the big surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always nice to hear what you have to say!