Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Gabby...a beautiful shining star!

There was a time in my life that I sometimes refer to as my adult spring break time. I was single, young and living my life to the fullest with my girlfriends. In the summertime, it was the party peak for me during those years spent in Fire Island, NY. That's where I met Nicole. The first person I ever met who had a tattoo on her foot and a smile like Julia Roberts. My Fire Island days of partying and oversleeping are long behind me. We have grown up a bit and become wives and mothers. Nicole and I recently reconnected on Facebook. She is married and a Mom to three beautiful girls. Her youngest is Gabby. Gabby has a story unlike most girls her age. I was moved and inspired and knew immediately that I had to extend myself. I baked these cupcakes for Gabby and her family to let her know her circle of friendship just got wider and we want to support her fight. Nicole and I have a mutual friend, Chris who is planning on spending this snowy day with Nicole and Gabby. The drive is far but will be special I am certain. Today Nicole and Chris will be seeing each other for the first time in nearly a decade! Chris did me the favor of delivering these to Gabby for us and I'm hoping the pretty batch make her feel quite special. Lindsey, my daughter, is eager to meet her and I promised her we would soon. Please take a moment to read about Gabby and her courageous light. She is a shining star! http://www.support4gabrielle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always nice to hear what you have to say!