Friday, February 1, 2013

Glimpse Inside a Teen's World

Robyn heard about Babycakes from my friend Diana and contacted me for her daughter, Abby's 13th Birthday. After speaking with Robyn first, it was really great to hear all the excitement and talk over the ideas for cupcake theme/design with the celebrant herself! Always fun for me! Abby gave me plenty of ideas and I think we could have easily made another dozen with her enthusiasm. I made logos for her favorite shows, Glee, Pretty Little Liars and a recent movie, Pitch Perfect. She browsed the blog and liked the lipstick and age and asked me to make her an iphone. I was secretly nervous because I myself do not have an iphone and have never created one from fondant. The phone turned out to be my favorite ones!! When I delivered the batch to Robyn at the school she teaches, I suddenly felt like I was walking beside the most popular girl in the school. Students and faculty were stopping her as she made her way with the cupcakes and it's very rewarding to hear the reactions first hand. It's times like these that I feel really proud of my creative niche and how a little conversation can turn the baked cupcake into a very personal edible indulgence! I drove away with a huge smile on my face and a lot of appreciation for friends like Diana who happened to mention Babycakes to Robyn in the first place. This blog and Facebook are my billboard but the customers, friends, and family who recommend me and enable a new customer to have faith in me, is the best marketing this Stay at Home Mom can ask for with her little Babycakes home based business. THANK YOU for keeping my name out there when anyone could walk into an established bakery instead. HAPPY 13th BIRTHDAY ABBY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always nice to hear what you have to say!