Saturday, May 25, 2013

Tea time!

I ought to start by saying that Tracy has been a great supportive friend to me in the past year or so that we've become friends. It was my delight to make these cupcakes for her daughter Bailey's 7th Birthday. Can you guess the theme? A lovely floral tea party. Tracy was stressed because of the weather but what she came to realize was that there would be laughter and love in the forecast as well. The tea party was outdoors but we were sheltered by tents that were decorated by big paper pom poms, wired ribbon and painted tea pots. Every guest got a bag with satin black gloves, a string of pearls a paper fan and candy. Each guest also took home a real tea cup! This idea was so adorable that it makes me want to host one for the adults! The top picture is the 'sneak peek' (which I rarely do) I sent to Tracy yesterday when I completed the toppers! The chocolate cupcakes were topped with tea cups and tea pots and Bailey got her very own personalized "Babycake." First one I've ever made and looking forward to making these often, they were a real hit. I rarely get to attend the parties I bake for and it really does feel good to hear the reactions and to watch the pretty cupcakes get eaten up. Brendan and Tracy are super parents who open their home to so many while renovations are underway and really make you feel right at home. Bailey is a sweet and kind friend to my daughter and so happy we were part of the celebration. Happy 7th Birthday Bailey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always nice to hear what you have to say!