Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Bobby's 40 !


My husband Bobby is 40 today! We didn't have a party but are doing some very special and simple things that make him very happy. He wanted a "date" with me and so we are going out for dinner but otherwise, did not wish for any kind of gift at all. I got him his favorite bottle of wine and the kids made him a card and decorated the house. I baked simple vanilla cupcakes with vanilla bean frosting. Simple but airy, light and full of flavor.
I rarely broadcast how special Bobby is to me. He was exactly what I had wished for when I was single, every time I blew out a candle, every shooting star, every long day's prayer. He came into my life with so much goodness oozing out of his pores and the boy next door type. He has helped me achieve so many of my dreams. Together, we have a beautiful family and a home I often take for granted. (I would love to remodel someday) He works so hard and supports me in so many ways. I thank my lucky stars for meeting him and for being his wife. I wish I could have given him a pricey gift but he's truly happy with just having us with him, eating a fine dinner. I love knowing we will grow old together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always nice to hear what you have to say!