Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Swimming in Sweetness

Both of my children are taking swimming lessons at Saf-T-Swim here on Long Island. We don't own a pool but it's important to us that they would be learning how to swim and respect bodies of water. Their swim instructor is named Chris and I've observed every lesson behind a one way glass. Chris is completely focused on my children and always speaking to them, praising them with high fives and funny names for techniques and knew how to earn their trust and boost their confidence, especially my son who didn't really click with his first instructor. Both of the kids are buzzing with excitement every week in route to Saf-T-Swim since forming a bond and attending swimming lessons with Chris. This week the lessons end with Chris as he goes on to lifeguarding. The kids asked me to bake him cupcakes and Lindsey even went so far as to find out his favorite flavor in conversation. There are lots of young staff at the swimming school and I imagined this idea would be welcomed. It sure was! After Chris gave the kids hugs and took a picture with them, he immediately shared the chocolate batch and reserved to take home the vanilla(his favorite). Every time I see my kids swimming confidently in a pool, I will remember his kind manner and count my blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always nice to hear what you have to say!