Sunday, July 7, 2013

Madi's Sweet Masquerade 16!

I have a niece who makes me feel very special and very loved. Her name is Madisen and she has won me over with her beautiful way of expressing her feelings through art, poetry, writing, and her hugs. Have I mentioned she gives the ultimate hugs? Madisen has only been in our family for two years but her demonstrative love and her connection with us makes us feel like there's never been a time we have not had her in our lives to love and nurture. Madisen recently celebrated her Sweet Sixteen and was a hands on planner along with her parents, Denise & Billy. The theme was Masquerade (a first for me) and her décor and the variety of masks that guests would wear made the night especially fun! Madisen had the traditional candle lighting where she expressed her thoughts and feelings of those she felt are a significant part of her journey. She made the room full of guests laugh and cry. I personally feel so proud of her adjustment to being with us and living in NY. Some of her Oregon roots were there in attendance which made the night so meaningful and special for her and for us. Madisen is also my God daughter which makes me feel very honored to be involved in her life and in this celebration. Thank you for this gift, I treasure our relationship! Her favors were all vanilla cupcakes with blue icing, silver sprinkles and fondant masks, each hand made and individually decorated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always nice to hear what you have to say!