Thursday, April 8, 2010

Cake anyone?

These are a THANK YOU to two lovely neighbors of my parents, Sol & Aldona.  These two ladies are always looking out for my Mom & Dad and even their pooch, Chico.  Sometimes it's just the little things that mean so much like when they'll walk the dog when my parents have been to our house to visit and Chico has been alone for a longer than usual period of time, or the times they've picked up an extra dessert when out dining and bring it to them as a sweet gesture.  These are the kind of neighbors that people hope for when moving to a new place!  So THANK YOU, GRACIAS, GRAZIE, etc....
The cupcakes are vanilla and topped with tinted (pale yellow) vanilla icing and homemade marshmellow fondant.  I love cupcakes but think the cake slice is my favorite.  My Mom kept me company while I prepared these making this project even more fun.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Annette,
    It's Linda from "Michaels"! Your cupcakes are amazing! You are very talented. It was nice to meet you today, I was anxious to run home and check out your blog. You have motivated me to at least give the fondant thing a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Linda!! Everything on this blog is self taught, I took a 3 night course for baking in Oyster Bay about 15 years ago and that is all the "formal" learning I have. I watch alot of you tube tutorials and found alot of inspiration online and even some step by step online tutorials. The praise from others and the fulfillment I feel everytime I challenge myself is so rewarding! Let me know how you do with the fondant!!

    ReplyDelete

It's always nice to hear what you have to say!