Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Red Velvet Yummilicious

I finally got the red velvet right!  I have been trying to perfect it for almost 4 months now and it is officially the Licatesi favorite.  Yesterday, my daughter was home from school with a cold and her Dad home from work with a cold.  I thought I'd cheer everyone up and give the red velvet another try with yet another online recipe.   I didn't make fresh icing, this is canned and let me tell you, we all devoured our cupcakes after dinner last night.  After multiple finger tip dips and licks, my kids are ususally done once there is a plain cupcake staring at them.  The color is so deep and inviting that they BOTH ate them completely with only liners left as evidence (and red fingers too)!!  If only they'd gobble up their meals cooked with as much love and time.  Everyone felt better today so they may do the trick next time there's a sniffle or cough in this household.

1 comment:

  1. YUMMY to my TUMMY :) Love you Sweetheart.
    Your Hubby

    ReplyDelete

It's always nice to hear what you have to say!