Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Sweetest Gesture!

Babycakes has been my passion for over two years now, almost three. When I leave my home and run a delivery, I am excited, sometimes nervous if the delivery is far and drive in sub zero temperatures to get those cupcakes there in cool condition and always grateful that I completed another job for someone's special day. I sometimes get hugs, tips, a soft spoken "Thank you" from a shy child (those are the best!) and at times even asked to stay at the party but today something new happened and I have to say I am still smiling from ear to ear. No one has EVER done this before!!! I delivered cupcake favors to a restaurant for a Communion. The order had been initiated on the computer and then we spoke on the phone. When discussing flavors, I explained that I stick to the basics...chocolate, vanilla, chocolate chips, etc....I casually mentioned the big names like Crumbs, Sprinkles and Magnolia Bakery. They offer a long list of flavor variety while I do not. I joked that I had never tried anything but Crumbs. I arrived before the party started, before the guests and was greeted by the customer's sister. She "delivered" a message from her sister who was on her way and handed me a bag...the cute paper ones with handles. To my delight and surprise, Christine (the customer) had purchased cupcakes for ME from the big name places located in NYC. I still cannot believe the gesture, so thoughtful and SWEET SWEET SWEET! I couldn't wait to thank her and give her a hug! It was the best part of my day for sure! I had to control my urge to even open the boxes up,they were sealed down by adorable stickers. The one from Sprinkles, even had a THANK YOU cupcake sticker on it. I love the packaging! I came home to photograph them for your viewing pleasure and then shared them with my family. They were very delicious and I felt so rewarded! My little home based business and my cupcakes felt the love big time! THANK YOU so much Christine and Shawn, you truly made my day!

1 comment:

  1. This may prompt me to make a testimonial link on the blog!

    ReplyDelete

It's always nice to hear what you have to say!